We are artists creating unique and uninhibited works of arts. We are locals lifting up the voices of those in BC who have something they want to say… or sing, or dance, or show us in their own creative way. We are New Vintage Theatre.
Here at New Vintage, we have some exciting events coming up and one of those is the Kelowna Fringe Festival. At its core, Fringe is a unique showcase of drama, comedy, musical theatre, clown, dance, multi-media works and more. Part of the excitement of this festival is to expect the unexpected. We make a commitment to uplift artists in showcasing talented artists that were chosen at random from a lottery.
We are looking to add a Festival Marketing Assistant to assist our team in advertising and running events like this one. We are looking to add someone who is passionate about the arts, with a strong work ethic and creative mind. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply.
- Provide assistance in coordination and marketing of New Vintage Theatre festivals (i.e. Fringe, KFX, Black Cat)
- Work with the Fringe Festival Organizer and New Vintage’s Creative lead in assistance with other aspects of the event
- Selling/Coordinating sale of tickets at venues
- Help set up/clean up of venues during events
- Coordinate and Communicate with volunteers and performers
- Create and implement a content calendar for consistent, on-brand social content across platforms
- Work with existing Fringe Festival Marketing volunteers for well-rounded, outward facing content
- Conduct regular analysis on marketing campaigns and organic posts and produce reports with recommendations of ways to improve
- Participate in the strategic planning of PR initiatives that drive local influencer engagement and media coverage
- 1+ years of marketing experience or a relevant degree
- Must be 15-30 years of age (as required by the Canada Summer Job Grant Program)
- Flexible, go-getter
- Experience in event marketing or planning
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Facebook Ads Manager and Business Manager, as well as Google Ads
- Experience with organic and paid content with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tik Tok
- Photography and videography experience an asset
- A love of theatre is an asset
- 30 hours a week, with adjustments during the Fringe Festival.
- Please note that hours will vary leading up to and during the festival and it will be difficult to have another part-time job alongside this one
- July 19- September 19 2021
To apply please send your resume and a cover letter to Bonnie Gratz, Artistic Director at email@example.com; no phone calls, please.
Application deadline: June 10